Thursday, August 28, 2008

[A Tribute to Bunda Inong] Launching of book: "Cooking With Love"

I got the honour to promote this book through my blog.. "Cooking with Love - a tribute to Bunda Ïnong" . This book is a collection of recipees created by Bunda Inong, made by fuullll of love and care, founder of www.dapurbunda.com and also the dapurbunda mailing list that I joint with for since it established (about more than 5 years). She also loved to write her daily activities in her blog in http://zidansyifa.blogspot.com

She passed away about 2 years ago in Singapore for chronical asthma, and left her 2 lovely and smart kids Zidan (7) & Syifa (4), and also her humble family (her husband, parents and sister).

I myself have special memories about Inong, I have ordered 'panci isa' through arisan dapurbunda, and she delivered herself to my office at sudirman (around year 2002).

Then I ordered a birthday cake for abang William when we traveled to Singapore, and also brought her request (syrup marjan & tepung sagu tani) - it was on fasting month in Sept 2005 and I was 7 months pregnant my 2nd baby. Here's the article from her blog:
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Just an ordinary wiken.. Pagi2 bangun tidur terus sibuk nyiapin kue pesanan Tante Fiona, janjian langsung diantar ke apt adiknya Tante Fiona di Bugis. Jadi Tante
Fiona datang dari Jakarta untuk ngejenguk adiknya yang baru melahirkan
minggu lalu. Dan blio nyempetin pesen kue Bunda lho. Bunda ketemu Tante
Fiona jam 12 siang, waaah rupanya Tante Fiona lagi perut enduut..
katanya 'dedek'nya perempuan. Aduuh senengnyaaa.. Oya, makasih ya Tante
udah bawain pesanan Bunda. Pssst.. Bunda minta bawain syrup Marjan untuk
bulan puasa nanti. OK deh, ini kuenya... Mudah2an suka ya Tante ....

Not much, but very impressive how we met at Bugis Junction, she with her stroller for Syifa, and abang with Mas Harris. And the cake itself... ofcourse so yummy... black forrest dapurbunda..

God loves her more, and through her inspiring poetries and so many stories, she remains in my memory. Rest in Peace dear Inong....

Link to the book can be downloaded here: : http://web.me.com/pinot/cookinglove/video.html

I hope this book will inspire all the readers..

With love,
-fiona, mom of three, who inspired blogging after reading Inong's blog (it's true!)-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful useful resource that you are providing and you give it absent free of charge. I love seeing web sites that understand the value of providing a quality useful resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around program..